Need a Removal Company? Get a Quote
Before you decide on a removal company, you need to make sure that you pick the right one. Doing online research and reading company reviews is a good start. However, you will probably still have questions regarding your personal needs. Watch out for scams. You do not want to lose all your items because you simply chose the cheapest service provider. A genuine removal company will never insist that you pay cash. Below are a few tips on how to get a quote from a reputable removal company.
Ask the Right Questions
Firstly, you need to make a list of things that you are unsure of, such as the total number of boxes you will need, or how long before the official move you need to get a quote from a removal company. You also need to make sure you ask questions clearly to avoid miscommunication, which might lead to irrelevant or wrong answers. If you ask the right questions, you will be able to get a quote from a removal company that is accurate and relevant to your situation.
Before the Move
Here are a few things you should plan or do before the move:
- Ask the service provider if they can send someone who can confirm the number of boxes and amount of space required for the items you want to move. This can help you avoid surprise costs.
- If you are not planning to pack without their help, ask if they provide a packing service.
- If you plan to use their packing services, enquire about the additional costs and how the packing process will work.
- Enquire about storage facilities. If you have extra or unnecessary belongings you do not want to take along, using a company who can also help you store your things will be best.
- Get a written quote from the removal company. It enables you to identify the exact costs of the services they offer.
- By seeing the breakdown of costs, you will be able to determine the company’s affordability in relation to your moving budget.
What Does a Quote from a Removal Company Entail?
To avoid getting any unwanted surprises, ensure that you receive a proper quote. The service costs should be included in the quote. It may only be an estimate or calculated specifically for your move. A good quote also includes a full description of what they will be doing for the given price, which will depend on the services you need, such as packing, moving, cleaning, and storing. They should also include the moving date on the quote and you need to make sure you have the same date written down. Insurance could also form part of the quote. If there is an insurance policy available, read it carefully to ensure you understand the terms & conditions and what it covers. Many people tend to agree with the terms without actually reading the document, but it’s the most important part. Make sure you read it before signing. If any items are lost or stolen, you do not want to find out afterwards that there is not much you can do.
Contact us for a quote and we will give you all the information you need. You can rest assured that your belongings will travel safely and arrive at your destination in mint condition.