Most of us face the prospect of moving at some point or another and a relocation would be relatively simple and easy if you could simply pick up all your stuff in one day, transport it to your new location, and off-load it then and there. However, as most of us know, life does not always work out this simply. As much as you would like to plan a move perfectly, various factors often influence the process and what is possible at a certain time. Often, a mover would find themselves in a position where the items that need to be moved cannot or should not be delivered to the destination location at the time of the move. This can be because:
- The destination location is not available yet. It can be tricky to align the date for when the person moving needs to evacuate their current premises and the date when they can take occupation of the new premises. If these dates do not line up, the mover may have to make an alternative arrangement to temporarily house their possessions.
- The destination location is not ready yet. It could also be that the new premises are still under construction, under renovation, or for some reason not suitable for occupation yet.
- There is not enough space for all the items at the destination. Whether the new premises are smaller or the configuration different, all your possessions might not fit or be required after the move. This, however, does not mean you necessarily want to get rid of these possessions.
- Items removed from the original location are not meant for the destination. Maybe you are aiming for a new style at your new premises, moving to a furnished house or office, or moving to a temporary residence for now and do not need all your stuff to go with you.
So, what do you do when faced with a situation like one of the scenarios above? Usually, none of these scenarios will come as a surprise but would rather be a conscious decision on the part of the person moving. This affords you as the mover the chance to plan in advance, which would more than likely include some form of storage of the furniture and/or other possessions. A number of storage-rental companies can offer various solutions ranging in size and security. These storage providers will usually rent out a unit on either a month-to-month basis or on a long-term contract, depending on your needs.
Something you may want to keep in mind is that this might have a significant impact on your moving costs, as it effectively transforms your relocation into two moves. This cost implication will be more pronounced the further the storage facility is from your new place, due to transportation costs. It also involves more parties for you to deal with, exposing you to more risk when it comes to potential damage to or loss of your possessions. Would it not be convenient if moving companies could simply store your stuff until you need it on the other side? Imagine that – only one service provider to deal with, saving you time and money, as well as providing you with added peace of mind knowing that your possessions are safe and secure.
Well, the good news is that moving companies can potentially store your stuff… if your moving company is Elliott Mobility. Elliott Mobility has been going strong for over 65 years in the moving business, becoming one of the world’s leading removal and relocation companies. Not only is this testament to our reliability and efficiency but it also means that we have extensive experience in executing relocations – and that we fully understand the needs and requirements that go with this process, including the frequent need for storage.
Store Whatever You Need To, Safely: Storage Solutions by Elliott Mobility
We offer safe and secure storage solutions for your stuff until you need it back. Whatever the reason, and whether you are looking for a short-, medium-, or long-term storage solution, we have you covered. Also, whatever type of items you need to store, we can do it safely and securely. We offer specialised storage solutions to ensure that we can accommodate anything and everything you need to store, whether it is a prized painting, precious carpets, fragile pot plants, a vintage car, or even a boat.
Our top priority at all times is, of course, the safety and security of your belongings. All goods entrusted to our care are kept in our warehouses and using unique, dust-free storage containers. The warehouses come with tight 24-hour security and we keep a comprehensive inventory list of all items for your complete peace of mind. In addition, you can access your possessions with ease whenever you need to. We also boast full insurance cover. While we take every precaution to ensure that nothing goes wrong, we also believe that one cannot be overprepared. This is the level of service we strive to offer our clients each and every time. In fact, we strive to provide a complete, comprehensive service, so contact us for professional assistance with your entire relocation experience.
Our extensive range of services include:
- National moving. Our specialist moving teams make this potentially daunting task stress-free and easy, from creating checklists and packing to transportation and unloading, we do it all, so that you can focus on the things that are important to you.
- International moving. Whether you are moving in or out of South Africa, we can support you through the entire process. From initial planning and budgeting to orientation tours, finding the perfect home, and searching for top schools in your area and budget.
- Office moving. Relocating a business is a complex project that should be handled by experienced professionals. Our office- and IT-relocation specialist teams will do a full site evaluation, create an action plan, and handle the packing and moving, including that of the sensitive IT system.
- People relocation. Relocations can be stressful, which is why we offer comprehensive support to help you through this transition, from pre-assignment planning and budgeting to helping you settle into your new community. Whatever you may need, we have a support team to assist you.
- Fine-art relocation. Fine art is usually highly valuable and irreplaceable. Even the tiniest scratch, dent, or knock can cause devastating damage. Our specialist division offers a world-class fine-art relocation service that includes state-of-the-art packing, transportation, shipping, and installation across Southern Africa and the world.
- Pet relocation. We will take care of all your pets’ travel arrangements, such as flights, import or export licenses, quarantine arrangements, custom-made travel containers, kennel services, and anything else that might be needed.
- Vehicle transport. Whether you have more than one vehicle or own investment vehicles, we can safely get them to your destination with our specialised vehicle-carrier trucks.
If you are looking around for moving companies that you can trust to wrap, pack, load, transport, offload, unpack – and, if needed, store – your valuable possessions, look no further than Elliott Mobility. Whether you require a full relocation service or simply a safe and secure storage solution, contact us today. We will gladly talk to you about your specific needs and arrange to provide you with a comprehensive quote for the service you require. With Elliott Mobility, relocating is a breeze.